10 Reasons to...
10 Reasons to...
visit...stay...invest..and love Sint Maarten!
- Great Beaches – From an active beach scene to remote stretches of sand and nude beaches, the island has it all, year around sunshine.
- Best Dining – Known as the Caribbean gourmet island, St. Maarten/St. Martin might be a culinary world leader with its restaurant selection.
- Best Nightlife – Clubs for every taste, 14 casinos. Nonstop action for the party crowd. Drinking age 18.
- Best Caribbean Shopping – Duty free bargains everywhere, look for jewelry, perfumes, liquors, tobacco products and much more.
- Instant Island Addiction – Most visitors come back every year, many own a piece of paradise in one of St. Maarten’s world class vacation ownership resorts.
- Most Cosmopolitan Island on Earth – Only 37 square miles, but 2 nations and over 80 nationalities. Showing the world that we all can get along…
- Great Investment Opportunities – The island is open for business with an investor friendly legislation. Real estate is booming, time to buy your dream vacation home, before prices go through the roof.
- Best Port for Yachts – Most marinas, boat yards and supply stores – all duty free prices, often cheaper than in the States. Start your cruise or charter here!
- European/Caribbean Culture with American Comforts – Foreign enough to be exotic, but English is the most common language and the US-Dollar and Euro the usual currency.
- Friendly and Safe - No reason to be trapped in the resort – this island is to be enjoyed and explored. Rental car is a must to experience St. Maarten/St. Martin and its friendly people.
- Fantastic community – Very open minded society with over eighty nationalities living together in peace, no problem for expatriates to integrate. An example to the rest of the world.
- For some people the most comfortable climate on Earth – Never cold in winter and cooled down by the trade winds in Summer.
- Wide variety of real estate – available for buy and rent, fitting most budgets.
- Good air – lift with hourly non-stop flights to the US and daily non-stop connections to Europe.
- No red tape or any fees importing items – order online Monday and have it on island by Friday.
- Best nightlife – with thirteen casinos and an active nightclub and bar scene.
- Best restaurants in the Caribbean – with any imaginable kind of cuisine available for all budget.
- Attractive mountainous landscape – still plenty of open space.
- Great shopping – at best prices for European designer fashion, jewelry of any kind, cosmetics.
- Great grocery stores - with supplies from both the US and Europe, wide selection of gourmet items.
- An exciting and open investment climate – with various incentives for international investors.
- A growing real estate market with international appeal – even riding out the US economic problems.
- Fantastic infrastructure – with two international airports and some of the world’s best marinas, creating a prime destinations for the international jet-set.
- Attractive offshore – solutions available with several offshore banking centers only 15 air minutes away.
- Legal residency – on the island can be arranged with low effort.
- No customs duties – on imported items, no red tape of any kind, bring your car, furniture and more without high cost.
- Good business – climate with open legislation, allowing foreign investors to operate without mandatory local partners Maximum Tax 30% (as in many other Caribbean countries).
- Good telecommunications – with broadband Internet connections available everywhere from competing suppliers.
- Good history – of real estate values: steady increase of market value.
- Save and stable democratic governments - on both the French and Dutch side of the island.